Thursday, February 14, 2008

Enabling Diagram support (database schema creation) in SQL Server 2005

Diagram support for attached or backed up databases.

The solution has been put on this blog a while ago (nice post). I have tried searching before, yet, a few days ago, I search with one of my collegues, and found that this blog is very helpful on that. The reason for this post, is just to add another link on google, that gives somewhat a confirmed solution on this issue.

http://geekswithblogs.net/timh/archive/2006/07/05/84171.aspx

I tried what was suggested in the above blog, did not work for me at first (it worked for others). but what did work for me is the following reply on that same post :

Begining quote from the post above

# re: Cannot add diagram to SQL Server 2005 DB: Database diagram support objects cannot be installed because this database does not have a valid owner. 8/16/2006 9:39 AM Julius

I tried the above mentioned solution but still was not working and displaying the same error message - if you got the same error as me then just try the follwing lines in SQL Query:

EXEC sp_dbcmptlevel 'dbname', '90'; 
ALTER AUTHORIZATION ON DATABASE::dbname TO valid_login



 



End Quote From the blog post above



Comments are welcome

No comments: